[Unison-hackers] Seeking to bring Mac support up to date

Marcus Crestani crestani at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu May 15 02:00:37 EDT 2014

Alan,

thank you so much for your great work on updating the OS X client.

AS> As promised, here is my work-in-progress, ready for review and beta testing.

I've been using your latest version the last couple of days and it
worked perfectly --- until today.  Today I tried to synchronize a rather
large set (a texlive-2013 installation, around 4GB).

Your Unison build syncs about one third of the set and then crashes.
I've attached two crash reports, one is a report where I ran your
improved OS X GUI, the other one is a report where I ran your build with
"-ui text" from the command line.  With the text UI I could see that it
crashed reproducibly when trying to sync the same file (at least the
three times I tried it).

The sync works with a "UISTYLE=text" version that I've just build
myself from the sources in the svn repository
(https://webdav.seas.upenn.edu/svn/unison) with latest ocaml.

Do you have any idea what causes the problem I am seeing?  I am happy
to help debugging the problem, please let me know if and how I can
provide more debugging information.

--
Marcus