[Unison-hackers] [FeauterRequest] doc: improving build-unix

Alan Shutko ats at acm.org
Mon Oct 27 10:59:41 EDT 2014

Pango is a text-rendering library that is a dependency of GTK 2.

In general, each distribution family has a way to install the GTK dev libraries in a single command, including all the dependencies like Pango.  I don’t know each of them offhand anymore (it’s been a while since I ran Linux on the desktop).

For Redhat and derived distributions (e.g. Centos, Fedora) it’s something like

yum install gtk2-devel

For Debian-based distributions, it’s often something like

apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

My suggestion would be to do some checking for the major distributions and put in specific instructions for each.