[Unison-hackers] uimac14: TheGrowl vs NotificationCenter

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Thu Feb 12 05:21:10 EST 2015

On 2015-02-12 01:00, Jan Hacker <jan at hacker.ch> writes:

>>> I still took a try on your proposal using availability macros [1]… but when
>>> playing with them on 10.7.5 /w XCode 4.6.x, the build failed for me - independently
>>> of any macros being patched in or not. Xcodebuild complained being too old to
>>> read the MainMenu.xib (which has been completely replaced from r527 to
>>> r529?).
>>
>> I don't have access to the revision numbers here … is it the one where
>> the copyright date was changed?
>
> Seems like yes ...
> https://webdav.seas.upenn.edu/viewvc/unison/trunk/src/uimac14/English.lproj/MainMenu.xib?view=log
> https://webdav.seas.upenn.edu/viewvc/unison/trunk/src/uimac14/English.lproj/MainMenu.xib?revision=527&view=markup
> https://webdav.seas.upenn.edu/viewvc/unison/trunk/src/uimac14/English.lproj/MainMenu.xib?revision=529&view=markup

Then I am to blame for this. I probably used a too recent version of
XCode to do that change.

>>> Was uimac14 ever considered to be build-able for (on?) … say, 10.6?
>>
>> I don't think so.
>
> Ok, thanks, good to know... so another 4 lines of code could be saved here (they made me wonder) ;)
> https://webdav.seas.upenn.edu/viewvc/unison/trunk/src/uimac14/ProfileController.m?view=markup#l16

Yes, we can get rid of this.

Benjamin: should I apply the patch we're talking about here (that gets
rid of Growl)?

> btw, my planned "profile delete button"-patch is / would be ready. It doesn't delete but add the
> extension .deleted to the selected profile file (after confirmation popup) and just refreshes the
> tableview/chooser - where only .prf files will be displayed...

I like this.

> Maybe just really delete directly after successful confirmation?
> Anything else against such a button?

I'm for the button and I see no reason of really deleting things. If it
bothers users, they can still do it from the command line or a file
browser.

> Up to now, I didn't find out where the toolbar icon .tifs came from
> while looking for a matching delete.tif... any idea?

They seem to come from src/uimac14/toolbar. (New is add.tif, and Open is
go.tif.)

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7