[TYPES/announce] Looking for PostDoc in the Formally Verified Security group at MPI-SP

Catalin Hritcu catalin.hritcu at gmail.com
Thu May 30 06:35:51 EDT 2024

Hello everyone,

A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available in my Formally Verified
Security group at the Max Planck Institute for Security and Privacy (MPI-SP).
I am looking for candidates with an excellent research track record and
publications at top conferences in programming languages (e.g., POPL and
ICFP) and/or security (e.g., CCS and CSF).

Candidates are expected to work collaboratively on topics of joint interest
and to help co-advise students, but can also dedicate some of their time to
their own independent projects. My research interests include, but are not
limited to: formal verification, proof assistants (particularly Coq and
F*), type systems, effects, monads, functional programming, parametricity,
PL semantics, property-based testing, secure compilation, security against
speculative side-channel attacks, noninterference,
compartmentalization, capability
machines, machine-checked crypto proofs, etc. You can find more details
here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://catalin-hritcu.github.io__;!!IBzWLUs!RAJsVqCQDQlChGLMm7-LNgx57ZUSKNEFILyDSgmFK6pQoj6zIWzgnB7Fs5rIt6UQjI0lIg40t12XfRfFKqd9OapbaM9XXERfwCdsfEY$

MPI-SP <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mpi-sp.org/__;!!IBzWLUs!RAJsVqCQDQlChGLMm7-LNgx57ZUSKNEFILyDSgmFK6pQoj6zIWzgnB7Fs5rIt6UQjI0lIg40t12XfRfFKqd9OapbaM9XXERfrRKV568$ > is a relatively new research institute
founded in 2019 and is part of the Computer Science research area of the
Max Planck Society <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cis.mpg.de/__;!!IBzWLUs!RAJsVqCQDQlChGLMm7-LNgx57ZUSKNEFILyDSgmFK6pQoj6zIWzgnB7Fs5rIt6UQjI0lIg40t12XfRfFKqd9OapbaM9XXERf-OgMUm0$ >. We are located on the campus
of Ruhr University Bochum, in the Rhein-Ruhr
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhine-Ruhr__;!!IBzWLUs!RAJsVqCQDQlChGLMm7-LNgx57ZUSKNEFILyDSgmFK6pQoj6zIWzgnB7Fs5rIt6UQjI0lIg40t12XfRfFKqd9OapbaM9XXERfUzEEufc$ >metropolitan region of Germany,
one of Europe's largest academic hub. The working language of MPI-SP is
English, and no knowledge of German is required for this job.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you are interested in this position! (or
to forward this to someone who could be interested)

Kind Regards,

Catalin Hritcu (he/him)

Tenured Faculty, MPI-SP