[Icfp04-discuss] some questions about you

Paul Stansifer Paul.N.Stansifer at williams.edu
Sun Jun 6 16:41:59 EDT 2004

> My name...
Eric, Paul, and Ryan Stansifer

> How old are you?
x = Eric's age, y = Paul's age, z = Ryan's age
y is 13 in base x
z is 33 in base x
z is 2e in base y

> Why do you compete?
Sheer insanity and family fun at the same time!  Plus, some of us have
schoolwork to avoid.

> Do you have a homepage?
Nope.

> What team name do you have?
"The Stansifer Family Antics."

> Lightning Division?
We got together a mostly hand-written ant, which we found a bunch of bugs in
less than two hours after the lightning round ended.  But it did gather food.

> Main Contest?
At this point, we'd better do it.

> Feel Lucky - Will you be the winner?
Not particularly.

> Staying Awake during nights?
Well, Eric stayed up until 6 AM, working on a parser, but most of us have
gotten reasonable amounts of sleep.  It's hard enough to concentrate on
programming finite-state machines after two days.