[TYPES] PhD positions, theory

Philippa Gardner pg at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Feb 22 16:02:51 EST 2005

The theory group at the Department of Computing at Imperial is keen to
encourage excellent students  to apply for PhD positions. Our strengths
include the theory of programming languages, distributed processes and
data, verification and analysis, and exact computation. The Department
has a number of EPSRC PhD studentships, which are open to UK students
and other students eligible for EPSRC funding. For details of these
studentships and other opportunities for funding (EU/overseas), see

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/research/phd/degrees.html

Potential supervisors often have other funding sources (I do), and
should be contacted directly about such funding.

In order to maximise the chances for funding, I recommend that
applications  arrive by 1st April.

Best wishes,
Philippa Gardner
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~pg/