[TYPES] Job offer in Munich in Theoretical Computer Science

Ralph.Matthes at ifi.lmu.de Ralph.Matthes at ifi.lmu.de
Wed Jun 1 22:40:43 EDT 2005

The Research and Teaching Unit for

Theoretical Computer Science

at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich invites applications for
the position of a

Wissenschaftlicher Assistent (postdoc with teaching obligation)

start date:  15th October 2005 (negotiable)
deadline for applications: 1st July 2005

The position is for 3 years initially; an extension for another 3
years is possible thereafter.

We offer the option of habilitation. The position is connected with a
teaching activity of 5 hours per week during term time.

The research interests of candidates should fit within and complement
the present spectrum of themes at the Research and Teaching Unit for
Theoretical Computer Science. Possible research areas are for example,
but not exclusively, mathematical logic with regard to computer
science, theory of complexity and algorithms related to logic and
programming, automated reasoning, theory of programming languages,
formal methods.

Applicants should have a relevant PhD degree. We offer a modern,
friendly, and cooperative working environment.

The salary is according to tier A13 of German civil servants'
remuneration table (roughly 3000EUR/month, depending on age and family
situation).

For applications and further information please contact:

Prof. Martin Hofmann
Institut fuer Informatik der
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen
Lehr- und Forschungseinheit fuer Theoretische Informatik
Oettingenstrasse 67
80538 Muenchen
Germany
Ph  +49 89 2180 9341 (-9337)