[TYPES] stricter moderation...?

Radu Grigore radugrigore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 11:37:20 EST 2005

On 12/22/05, Stephanie Weirich <sweirich at cis.upenn.edu> wrote:
> * My intuition is that the reason the list contains more conference
> announcements and less discussion is not completely due to weaker
> moderation. [...]

I would like to add to this point. I am a TYPES subscriber for
approximately a year. This is the first message I post. The reason?
Usually when I join a new list/forum I wait until I get a `feeling' of
what is appropriate and what is not for that place. Well, in one year
I didn't see enough discussion to get that feeling for this mailing
list.

In short, I think that not only the signal to noise ratio is too low
but the signal on its own too.

--
regards,
  radu

PS: i hope gmail sends this one as plain ASCII; last time i tried it used UTF-8