[TYPES] In a letter to the US White House,

Robert Rand rnrand at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 21:11:42 EST 2019

I agree with Peter and Gabriel. The ACM seems intent on charging the same
amount per article and just shifting around who pays for it: from readers
to authors to conference-goers to (in their newest scheme) universities as
part of some sort of general tax. And we shouldn't be paying it.

I would add that for publishing conference proceedings, EPTCS (which
publishes the conference proceedings for Linearity, ICLP, QPL and dozens of
other conferences) is a great option. EPTCS is free to everyone, and it
would be nice if more programming languages conferences switched to using
it.