[TYPES] R: ETAPS bars Russian researchers from attending

Alex Potanin Alex.Potanin at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 10 13:47:17 EST 2022

Hello,

One of the only remaining news outlets associated with Russia that is not pro Putin nonsense is Novaya Gazeta (the editor shared the Nobel Peace Prize earlier this year).

While I cannot comment on the Russian situation as I have not been there since I left after high school in 1998, I found the following interviews with scientists and IT workers who urgently left for Kyrgizia and Armenia (since you don’t need a Russian Foreign Travel passport to go there) quite insightful. Please use Google Translate:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://novayagazeta.ru/articles/2022/03/09/ia-bolshe-ne-khochu-pomogat-stroit-eto-gosudarstvo__;!!IBzWLUs!BOlusPmY-hZcXmhj6z3dsUK_tAVGZfAc-8kQqP8HZZqaLN_mtGvezBXdycebT5PlgLy2Ga8GYto$

Ngā mihi nui,
Alex.

Dr Alex Potanin (he/him)
Ahonuku — Associate Professor