[Unison-hackers] time for a release/rc1?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Dec 28 19:02:32 EST 2020

I've been somewhat paged out from unison the last few weeks, but it
seems that we are at a point where changes are slowing and we think
things are better than the last release.  So I am inclined to tag an rc
and call for testing.

So:

  If you think this isn't a good idea, please speak up.  Including if
  you think some specific action should be taken first.

  Regardless, if you are able to test the latest from git, that's
  useful.

Depending on what I hear from this message, I'll probably drop a
2.51.4_rc1 tag in the repo in a few days, and we can then test/etc. that
for maybe a week, very ish.

At this point the only question I have is about
  https://github.com/bcpierce00/unison/pull/447
which I have some philosophical concerns about because it is basically
about accomodating an arguably buggy proprietary program.  Perhaps that
is the right thing to do, and if Benjamin wants to hit merge, I don't
object, but I haven't arrived at comfortable for me yet.   Sorry if this
is feeling overly cranky; I'm still coming to terms with it.